DESCRIPTION OF DVHIMSS ADVOCACY
The purpose of the DVHIMSS Advocacy Committee is to advocate for and promote legislation around health information technology (HIT) at both the local and regional level. Advocacy Committee members are also involved, to an extent, in framing legislation at the national level. Members work with local and state representatives to develop robust legislation to support the use of health information technology (HIT) across the Delaware Valley Region. The milestone event for DVHIMSS Advocacy is PA HIT Day which occurs in the Spring. DVHIMSS collaborates with Central and Western PA Chapters across the state to organize an Awards Ceremony to recognize legislators that were instrumental in supporting HIT initiatives and a Day on The Hill- where members get to interact with representatives in both the Senate and the House to build awareness around HIT initiatives.
- PA HIT Day 2019
- Award Ceremony - April 29, 2019
- Adovcacy Day on the Hill - April 30, 2019
- PA HIT Day 2018
- Award Ceremony - April 30, 2018
- Adovcacy Day on the Hill - May, 01, 2018
- DV/NJHIMSS AC Conference- October 4-6 2017
- Angie Claypool, Senior Manager of Strategic Relations from HIMSS National attended the 10th Annual Regional DV-NJ Chapters HIMSS Conference in Atlantic City in October. This was in recognition of both Chapters being awarded the NHIT Week Award for their efforts to promote HIT initiatives.
- PA HIT Day- Award Ceremony May 8, 2017
- For Presentation Click Here!
Pennsylvania Senate Bill 780- Telemedicine Act – On January 30, 2018, the Senate Banking and Insurance Committee voted, PA Senate Bill 780 (Session of 2017), the Telemedicine Act, 15-0 in favor of the Bill. It is hopeful that this Bill will soon be sent to the Senate Floor for a vote.
U.S. Senate Bill 870- the Creating High-Quality Results and Outcomes Necessary to Improve Chronic (CHRONIC) Care Act of 2017- The CHRONIC Care Act, Senate Bill 870, was attached to the Continuing Resolution that passed Congress on February 8, 2018 and was signed into law by the President on February 9, 2018.
U.S. Senate Bill 1016- the CONNECT for Health Act of 2017- Senate Bill 1016 (115th Congress) was Introduced in the Senate on May 3, 2017. There are 19 Cosponsors.
- PA Senate Bill 780 (Session of 2017) received a 15-0 vote in the Senate Banking and Insurance Committee on January 30, 2018.
- PA Senate Resolution 109- Designating May 9th, 2017 as Pennsylvania Health Care Information Technology Day
PA House Resolution 269- Designating May 9th, 2017 as Pennsylvania Health Care Information Technology Day.
PA House Bill 1619- Act Authorizing the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to Join the Interstate Medical Licensure Compact