The Delaware Valley Chapter of HIMSS (DVHIMSS) is pleased to announce the second annual 2016 Academic Scholarship Program for students of Healthcare Information Management and Healthcare Information Technology. This program is designed to promote and advance student efforts in the field of healthcare information technology.
Pennsylvania and Delaware students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship at the Graduate level.
Graduate Awards – We will be offering TWO $3,000 scholarships, one to each of two Graduate students.
The Scholarship monies will be paid directly to the student’s school to be applied towards their tuition for the Fall academic session.
The winners will be invited to the DVHIMSS annual conference held with the NJ chapter on October 20th and 21st 2016, where they will participate in an award ceremony on the morning of Friday, October 21st.
To meet the minimum requirements for the DVHIMSS scholarships the applicant must:
- Be a student in an accredited Masters, or PhD program related to healthcare information technology. The specific degree program is not a critical factor, although it is expected that programs similar to those in, healthcare informatics, healthcare computer science and information systems, healthcare policy and quantitative programs in business administration and hospital administration, will predominate.
- Be attending a school in Pennsylvania or Delaware or be a resident of PA or DE.
- Have been a member of DVHIMSS since January 1, 2016
- Have completed at least two semesters or classes in their graduate program.
- Have at least a B average or equivalent at the time of the application.
Please note that:
- The DVHIMSS Scholarship Committee will consider and score the first 25 completed applications for the award. We had to limit the number of applications we accept due to the high volume of applicants last year.
- DVHIMSS Board members, or their relatives, are not eligible.
Application Link: Click Here
All applicants will be asked to submit an essay on Healthcare Information Technology, of no more than 500 words, and a copy of their academic transcript with their application. The essay should embody the passion, values and innovative use of health information technology and how it can be used to help improve the quality of healthcare and lower costs for everyone. Applications are being accepted now through June 30, 2016. Applications should be submitted via our website http://www.dv.himsschapter.org.
Winners will be notified by July 31, 2016.
Scholarship recipients may be asked to provide a brief presentation or poster presentation using an Infographic at one of our DVHIMSS events or webinars.